At Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital, we recognize the sensitive nature that surrounds the decision to receive treatment for acute behavioral health concerns an/or substance abuse problems, which is why we remain steadfast in our dedication to making the process as comfortable as it possibly can be.
Taking the First Step
The first step towards receiving exemplary care at Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital begins with a simple phone call. This call requires no commitment and holds no expectations. When you call, you will speak with a compassionate admissions counselor who will be able to answer any questions that you may have and who will introduce you to the programming that we offer here at Greenleaf.
If you do not wish to call and would instead prefer to come to our treatment center directly, we encourage you to do so. We welcome walk-ins, and we are also always pleased to work with professional referral sources.
What to Expect When You Call
Our admissions department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and you are welcome to call us at any time that is convenient for you. Regardless of the time of day or night, an admissions counselor will be available.
When you call, you can expect the following to happen:
- The admissions counselor will ask about your presenting concerns. Or, if you are calling on behalf of a loved one, the counselor will inquire about the concerns that have led you to make the call.
- The initial information that you provide will allow the counselor to make sure that Greenleaf offers the type and level of care that will be of most benefit to you.
- The counselor will then work with you in determining when would be the most convenient time for you to come in for a more in-depth assessment.
- The counselor will answer any and all questions that you may have.
Whether you choose to call our admissions department first and schedule an assessment or decide to come directly to our center, upon your arrival, you will be asked to participate in a thorough assessment in order for our staff to gain a full understanding of why you are seeking treatment. This assessment will be given by one of our admissions counselors at absolutely no cost to you or your loved ones. These confidential, free assessments are done 24/7, with admissions counselors always available to assist prospective clients and their loved ones.
Once the assessment is complete, one of our physicians will review it in order to determine the level of care that will most appropriately meet your needs. If you meet the criteria for inpatient care, you will begin the process of entering treatment immediately.
First, you will be educated on the types of items that are allowed in the hospital and, if you have any valuables in your possession that you are unable to send home with a family member or loved one, they will be stored and locked in a safe until your time in treatment has ended.
Next, you will be shown to your room and receive an orientation to the programming at Greenleaf. You will also receive a schedule which will outline what you can expect during your time in our care.
Once these factors have been taken care of, you will be able to immediately begin engaging in treatment.
Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital provides services for both males and females, with programming separated for the following populations:
- Adolescent programming: Ages 12-17
- Adult programming: Ages 18 or older
Admissions into Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital is always determined on a case-by-case basis. However, the types of clients that we typically treat will meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Thoughts of harming oneself, with a plan as to how he or she would do so
- Thoughts of harming others, with a plan as to how he or she would do so
- Experiencing auditory and/or visual hallucinations
- Have a history of schizophrenia
- Have a history of psychosis or are in an active psychotic state
- Suffering from a drug or alcohol addiction that can potentially elicit a life-threatening period of withdrawal
- Suffering from an inability to function appropriately due to the presence of severe mental health disorder or substance use disorder symptoms
- Experiencing symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Suffering from other types of acute psychiatric episodes
The sooner that you make the decision to contact Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital to inquire about services, the sooner you can begin the process of healing. We look forward to providing whatever information you need to make this life-affirming and life-changing decision.