Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital in Valdosta, Georgia, is pleased to offer a postpartum program for women who are suffering from mood disorders and trauma-related concerns. This program, which features structured group therapy sessions, is known as our Women’s Focus Group.
The compassionate professionals who provide care in our postpartum outpatient program appreciate the unique challenges new mothers may be facing. We offer therapeutic support in an in-person and virtual format to increase access to this vital treatment service.
Learn About Our Postpartum Program for Women
The postpartum program at Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital is an intensive outpatient program (IOP) serving women age 18 and older. An IOP is a structured form of care that allows participants to attend regular program sessions while living at home and continuing their normal routines.
Group therapy is the focus of our postpartum IOP, and we offer group sessions with a qualified therapist three times a week. These groups may cover a range of relevant topics, which can include mental health, trauma, and coping skills. We may also incorporate processing groups for our patients.
Our postpartum intensive outpatient program offers the highest-quality care for new mothers who are struggling with certain mental health concerns that are impacting their daily lives. Concerns we commonly treat in our postpartum program include:
- Postpartum depression
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Every woman who takes part in our postpartum IOP, Women’s Focus Group, makes progress toward healing at her own pace. So each person’s length of participation is individualized. However, the typical duration of postpartum programming at our facility is about four to six weeks.
The postpartum outpatient program at our hospital is a stand-alone treatment option, and women do not need to complete a prior level of care to participate. Regardless of where a woman may be in her healing journey, our staff will strive to help her make progress and find deeper wellness if she chooses our postpartum IOP.
Our IOP group therapy sessions are available in a teletherapy format. To take part in this option, you must have a device that has a camera and the Microsoft Teams application. Being on time for sessions and participating as fully as possible are important for success in our virtual postpartum program.
Focused Outpatient Care in Valdosta, Georgia
At Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital, we believe that participating in focused care at our Georgia outpatient facility can change someone’s life for the better. We feature a staff of experienced professionals who aim to help each patient build a skill set that can help them find greater health and healing.
When you’re struggling with a postpartum mental health concern, taking the time to participate in care can feel overwhelming. However, in our Women’s Focus Group, we’ve designed a programming approach that’s convenient and flexible and that can be ideal for women who don’t need a higher level of services, such as inpatient care.
When you seek support in our postpartum IOP, you can rest assured that you’ll receive care that is not only tailored to your unique situation but is also hopeful and encouraging. Our main values include safety, professionalism, reliability, and providing the highest levels of customer service for all patients. Additionally, our care philosophy includes the following principles and practices:
- We provide tools that can help our patients handle daily stressors from a place of peace and empowerment.
- We believe in the value of including family members and other sources of social support in the healing process whenever appropriate.
- We understand that healing can be a lifelong process, but we believe that people can experience success with the right strategies and types of support in place.
Our Valdosta postpartum IOP, offered in person and virtually, can provide many unique benefits for women who are in the postpartum period. In our postpartum IOP, women have the chance to attend programming multiple times a week, exchange support with peers in the program, and receive guidance from our caring experts. At the same time, patients can continue to meet daily responsibilities and remain close to their families while they work on getting better. By choosing an IOP like ours, you can devote time to healing while you continue living a productive life.
Therapies We Offer in Our Postpartum Program
Living with a behavioral health concern can significantly hinder your well-being. And for new mothers, the experience can be particularly challenging as they grapple with various physical and social changes in their daily lives. However, when mothers receive effective care for the concerns they’re struggling with, it can lead to lasting benefits for both them and their children.
At Greenleaf, we know that each person follows a unique path to greater wellness. We also believe that learning how to cope more expertly with day-to-day challenges can provide a helpful foundation for improved health. Depending on a person’s needs, we offer various therapeutic interventions in our postpartum intensive outpatient program. These include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): CBT is an evidence-based therapy that can help people adjust their thoughts and behaviors in healthy ways. Strategies you may learn from CBT can help you manage challenging symptoms, reduce stress, and develop stronger relationships with others.
- Psychoeducation: Psychoeducation recognizes that people may make better progress in treatment when they understand their diagnosis and care plan. When patients participate in psychoeducation, they typically have the chance to learn and integrate new knowledge about self-care and coping strategies as well as begin applying what they’ve learned in their daily lives.
- Expressive arts: Expressive arts therapy draws on different creative disciplines to help people find healing and gain self-awareness. By engaging in self-expression in a safe, professional setting, you may begin to feel healthier, stronger, and more equipped to handle challenges.
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness practices can help people become more aware of the present moment, which can promote physical and emotional well-being. Mindfulness techniques often encourage people to remain curious, nonjudgmental, and accepting of present circumstances so that they can respond more skillfully to different situations.
- Body-oriented approaches: Body-oriented techniques acknowledge the connection between your mind and body and how it may relate to your well-being. If our staff includes this approach in your IOP care plan, you may engage in exercises that are designed to enhance the mind-body connection and help with holistic healing.
- Relational therapeutic approaches: Relational therapy methods emphasize the importance of healthy relationships and can allow patients to make positive and empowering changes in this area of their lives. Participating in therapy sessions that use a relational approach can also help patients access needed empathy and support from their therapist.
Our Comprehensive Admissions Process
At Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital in Valdosta, Georgia, we believe in providing the highest levels of service and support for those who seek care at our facility. We know that prospective patients are likely to have many questions for our staff. And we understand that it’s important for each person to get the information they need to make an optimal decision about their care.
To seek admission to Greenleaf, you may contact our hospital staff anytime, 24/7. Walk-in inquiries and professional referrals to our programs are also welcome. To complete the admissions process, you’ll work closely with an admissions counselor who will gather information to help our staff determine the right level of care to meet your needs. If we decide that one of our programs, such as our postpartum IOP, is a fit for you, we’ll help you take steps to begin receiving personalized care at our facility.
The admissions process for our postpartum intensive outpatient program for women includes:
- Filling out registration forms
- Obtaining insurance verification as needed
- Completing the documentation process, which includes intake procedures, a psychosocial assessment, and treatment planning
The goal of our admissions team is to help each person access the care that’s best for them in the most timely and efficient way. If you believe that our postpartum IOP may be right for you or a loved one, please contact our team to learn more today.
Why Choose Outpatient Services at Greenleaf
Deciding to begin outpatient care for a mental health concern can feel like a major step. Fortunately, at Greenleaf, our staff is prepared to work closely with each patient as they make progress toward a healthier life.
Our outpatient facility is conveniently located in northeastern Valdosta, directly off East Park Avenue and close to Valdosta High School. We feature a safe, structured, and welcoming environment where each person can feel encouraged to make progress on their individual journey.
In our postpartum Women’s Focus Group, we recognize that engaging in outpatient programming is just one part of the ongoing healing process for patients. We prioritize aftercare planning as part of each person’s care experience. This element of care can empower you or your loved one to continue healing long after our postpartum outpatient program ends.
If you would like to discover how our postpartum IOP may help you achieve the wellness you deserve, please contact our team in Valdosta today.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital.