Greenleaf Behavioral Health offers leading treatment programs for adults, teens & adolescents struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. Located in Valdosta, GA, Greenleaf provides the tools needed for lasting recovery.
Helping Your Son, Daughter, or Loved One Enter Outpatient Treatment
When your son, daughter, or other young person in your life is struggling with mental health concerns and/or substance abuse, you may be unsure of what you can do to help him or her get through this trying time unscathed. At Greenleaf Behavioral Health Hospital in Valdosta, Georgia, we believe that every adolescent is capable of turning his or her life around and developing into a healthy, productive, and responsible individual despite having grappled with such issues during their teen years. Our adolescent programs are designed with your child’s needs in mind, both on a developmental level, and with an overarching goal of helping him or her succeed in a truly life-changing way.
Outpatient Treatment Assessment
In choosing to come to have your son or daughter participate in our program here in Valdosta, Georgia, you and your child will complete an assessment with our staff so that we can determine which of our services will benefit him or her most. An assessment at our center can happen any day of the week, any time of the day because we know that you and your child may need our help outside of normal business hours. By completing this assessment with us, we can help you decide if Greenleaf is the perfect place for your child to develop the skills needed to live a better, healthier life.
Teen Partial Hospitalization Program Schedule
If your child does not need the structure of an inpatient treatment program, but could stand to gain more support and care than what traditional outpatient programs offer, our Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program, or PHP, may be a good fit for your son, daughter, or other important young person in your life.
This program is for adolescents and teens between the ages of 12 and 17 and takes place Monday through Friday, 3:30 pm until 6:30 pm, for four to six weeks. We offer this program later in the day so it does not interfere with your child’s school day and evening routine.
Elements of Care in our PHP
During your child’s time at our center, he or she will benefit from a combination of the following interventions:
- Medication management services are recommended for youth who require medication to alleviate their mental health concerns. If your child is in need of such care, we will first discuss this option with you and your child before including it as part of his or her treatment. When needed, our staff will work with you and your child to make sure that any medications given are working properly.
- Individual therapy can be included on an as-needed basis. This treatment method can help your child talk about the topics and issues that he or she may not feel comfortable speaking about in a group of his or her peers.
- Family therapy is also an intervention available when necessary, and we are pleased to schedule a session with you and your child when it is apparent that it will help your child’s healing process. We offer family therapy so that your child, you, and other important loved ones can heal as a united front.
- Group therapy is the main treatment method used in our Adolescent PHP. During group sessions, your child and other teens his or her age will be supervised by our staff as they discuss relevant topics related to healing and recovery, and provide and receive support to and from each other.
- Experiential therapy in our Adolescent PHP involves the use of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy, or EMDR. This method of care can help your child process past trauma and develop the confidence and skills needed overcome strife and handle stress in better ways in the future.
The staff members who will work with your child are highly trained in working with teens and are great at helping young people open up, talk about their issues, and form plans for how to make their lives better one day at a time. Furthermore, depending on your child’s treatment needs, your child will participate in one of the following programs while at the PHP level of care:
Learn More About our Teen Mental Health PHP Services
If your child is struggling with the symptoms of a mental health disorder, such as anxiety or depression, he or she could benefit greatly from our Adolescent Mental Health PHP in Valdosta. While in this program, your child will learn how to recognize symptoms of the illness present, learn skills for coping, and develop a greater sense of self-confidence that can serve your child well for a lifetime.
Learn More About our Teen Substance Abuse PHP Services
For teens who abuse substances, our center is pleased to offer an Adolescent Substance Abuse PHP. During your child’s time in this program, he or she will learn about the effects of substance abuse and learn valuable and practical ways to avoid future drug use. The support your child will receive in this particular program will also challenge him or her to learn about activities and hobbies to replace substance abuse so that he or she can come to know healthier ways to spend him or her time.
Learn More About our Teen Dual Diagnosis PHP Services
Our Adolescent Dual Diagnosis PHP in Valdosta is designed for teens who need to heal and recover from both mental illness and substance abuse. Programming in this PHP can help your child manage mental disorders in a healthy way, while also teaching him or her how to resist urges to use drug and/or alcohol.
Learn More About Greenleaf’s Teen PHP Services
If one of our PHP programs seems like a good fit for your child, contact our center to get more information or to schedule and assessment. We look forward to helping you assist your child in becoming healthier, happier, and ready to take on life.